Ravda, a small village in Bulgaria, is a lovely holiday destination, especially for families. The village itself is beautiful, peaceful and laidback, with summer temperatures averaging out at a steamy 30 degrees Celsius. It’s located on the coastline of the Black Sea, meaning there are a handful of golden sandy beaches where Mum and Dad can sunbathe while the kids splash in the clear blue waves.
One of Ravda’s many charms is that, while it is centrally located, it is not as congested as other tourist spots. Basing yourself here will allow you to get away from the intense, sometimes overwhelming bustle of the more well-known resorts and let you immerse yourself in the quiet relaxation of a sunny small village as much or as little as you’d like. However, whenever the little ones get a little restless and need some action, you can easily get to it – and there’s no better place for a kid-crazy adventure than Nessebar.
There you will find one of Bulgaria’s best waterparks – Aqua Paradise Nessebar. If you want to have a blast and make a splash on your next family holiday, read on. I guarantee adding a daytrip to Aqua Paradise into your itinerary will go over swimmingly with each and every member of your brood.
Aqua Paradise Nessebar
With over 40 modern attractions and facilities spread out across 46 acres, Aqua Paradise is heaven on earth for aquatic adventurers of all ages. The waterpark has been in business for over ten years and has grown to be one of the largest in the country, attracting tourists from all over the world each summer.
Read on for some of my favourite things to do there, and check out the official website for a full list of the rides and other attractions.
Heart Racing Rides
- Rafting Slide is the longest slide in Bulgaria – experience all the dizzying, adrenaline-inducing descents for yourself.
- The kids can race each other down Slalom’s three adjacent slides. Who will be the winner?
Tailored to the Tots
- Specifically designed for the younger ones, the Children’s Swimming Pool is safe and monitored by a professional lifeguard. A slide affectionately named Octopus resides at the centre of the pool – a favourite amongst the kids.
- Those with active imaginations will love the Children’s Water Castle. The castle looks as though it’s straight out of a fairy-tale, and your little ones will have a blast living out their fantasies and whizzing down the fortress’s slides.
The Show Must Go On
Spend some time on dry land and check out these fantastic theatrical performances. You will be entertained by professional actors and dancers, with unique shows ranging from westerns and pirates to girls vs boys and other performances specifically designed for the kids.
Top Tip: Participate whenever you can – prizes are available for those who show the most enthusiasm.
Grab a Bite
After all that splashing around, the children will have worked up an appetite. Luckily, Aqua Paradise has a delicious selection of tasty eateries.
- Go international at the variety of fast food restaurants – you can choose anything from pasta and pizza to gyros and pancakes.
- Cocktail Bars 1 and 2 and Mediterranean Bar aren’t just for Mum and Dad. They also offer a selection of soft drinks for the younger ones (and coffee for the older teens).
By the Numbers
- Distance from Ravda – 2.2 kilometres
- Opening Dates – Closed in the winter, reopens 13 May 2019
- 2019 opening hours TBA
Prices in 2018
- Adults (1.30m or taller) – Between £14 and £20
- Children (0.91m to 1.29m) – Between £7 and £10
- Infants (0.89m or shorter) – Free
- Seniors (60 years of age or older) – Between £7 to £10
- 2019 prices TBA
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – (+359) 88 520 8055
Where to Stay
Peter Hotel – This lovely hotel is known for its fantastic location. Not only is it smack dab in the middle of Ravda, it is also only 50 yards away from Central Beach. Its close proximity to local activities as well as a beach means you have lots of fun, child-friendly activities on hand. If you’re not splashed out from the waterpark, take a dip in the waterside pool. Once you work up an appetite from all that swimming, have a snack at the onsite restaurant; it serves local and international food so there should be something for even the pickiest of eaters.
Laguna Beach Apartments with Sea View – This apartment is great for families looking to save a bit of money while still getting all the amenities they could possibly desire. Each unit has a flat-screen TV and a fully-equipped kitchen, so you can stay in for dinner and a movie and spend some quality time with your loved ones. There is also a restaurant onsite for when you don’t feel like cooking, an outdoor pool that the kids will love and a bicycle rental service for an active day out. Venture further afield to enjoy the nearby windsurfing, snorkelling and diving opportunities.
How to Get There
The flight from the UK to Burgas Airport (BOJ) takes just under four hours. Once you land, the journey from Burgas to Ravda is less than an hour. I recommend pre-booking an airport transfer with Shuttle Direct to make your trip as stress-free as possible, especially if you’re travelling with children.
- UK to BOJ Flight Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
- BOJ to Ravda Distance: 53 kilometres
- Shuttle Direct Transfer Time: 57 minutes
About Shuttle Direct
Shuttle Direct is one of the leading airport transport companies, offering both private and shared rides. We pride ourselves on our efficient and professional services. Whether your next family holiday takes you to Ravda or somewhere else in Europe and North Africa, let us get you where you need to go and we’ll get you there pronto.