User Privacy Notice
Shuttle Direct is committed to your privacy. This privacy notice explains our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information.
This privacy notice applies to any Shuttle Direct website, application, service, or tool (collectively “Services”) where this privacy notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
This privacy notice also applies to the provision of Shuttle Direct services through any Shuttle Direct partner's website, application, service, or tool where it is referenced and where your listings and their content are published or advertised in accordance with the terms of this privacy notice.
We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the amended version. We will announce any material changes to this privacy notice through the Shuttle Direct Message Center and/or via email.
What personal data we collect
Personal Information is information that directly or indirectly could identify an individual. This includes information, such as name, address, phone numbers, as well as IP addresses, cookie identifiers, device information, advertising identifiers, financial information, geo-location information, social media information, etc.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We may collect personal data from you when you book transport services with us (either directly or indirectly through our trusted third-party partners), create an account with us, use our website and/or App, participate in a survey or competition, or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- a. Name, billing address, e-mail, telephone numbers, telephone network, method of payment;
- b. Travel history, including information related to your transportation services booked;
- c. Information you provide about your and your companions’ travel preferences in your on-line account;
- d. Information about your use of our website and/or App;
- e. Information about the devices you use to access our services, including device type such as mobile, desktop or tablet, device IP address, operating system and version, preferred languages, and network information.
- f. The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, and social media.
How we use your personal information
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- a. Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to your transport services, including requested transportation changes;
- b. Contacting you in the event of a time change or cancellation: we send you communications about the services you have asked for and any changes to such services. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of;
- c. Payment verification and screening: we use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent activities;
- d. Administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, customer surveys, maintenance and development, or in order to deal with a dispute or claim.
- e. Customs, immigration or security control: we may be obliged to provide your information to control agencies at airports, ports or railway stations;
- f. Security, health, administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements;
- g. Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
- h. Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your travel with us and to personalise the services we offer to you, such as special offers to your favourite destinations;
- i. Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding promotions. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at the booking stage. You will also be given the opportunity on every communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can process the contract of carriage with you.
If you’re aged under 18, you cannot make any bookings on our website - a parent, guardian or appropriate adult must book on your behalf.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
How we protect your personal data
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of accidental loss, misuse, destruction, alteration or unauthorized access. The data you provide to us is protected following strict security standards. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls.
How we might share your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with other brands belonging to Viajes Alameda, s.a.
Shuttle Direct does not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes.
We may share your personal data with the following third parties for the following purposes:
- a. Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, and regulators for compliance with legal requirements in your travel itinerary;
- b. Partner transportation, insurance companies or other service providers required to deliver the services you have asked for;
- c. Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as call centres providing assistance to our customers, data analytics providers, cloud service and e-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns, consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers;
- d. Financial institutions which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening which may need information about your method of payment and booking information to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction;
- e. Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- g. Research and development, we may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate better user experience.
- h. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, such as Israel, Morocco, Egypt and Turkey, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in the country from which you make the booking. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant Suppliers, whether in the European Economic Area or not, we will be unable to process your service booking request. In making a booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Accordingly, minors under 18 will not be permitted to open a My Booking account. We will delete any account created by a minor under 18, as soon as are made aware of it.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your My Booking account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
We keep your personal information contained in your My Booking account for as long as you hold the account.
You may delete your My Booking account by clicking on the “delete” button provided in the Settings of your account. Please note that general retention periods apply to any personal data we collected to enter into a contract with you or to perform that contract or because we have a legal obligation to process it.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received, change your Communication Preferences within My Booking, indicate your communication preferences using the method described within the direct communication from us or contact us as described in the Contact Us. Keep in mind, we do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Staying Signed in
You will have the option to stay signed-in into your My Booking account by checking the “keep me logged in” box. This option will only apply to the computer / device and the browser that you're using when you select the box. If you do not wish to stay signed on a particular browser, simply sign out of My Booking on that browser.
Cookies and site tracking
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your reservation. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal passenger information.
Ways to access, control and correct your personal data
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to request what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
You can see, review and change and delete most of your personal information by signing in to your My Booking account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate. Keep in mind, once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
We will honour any right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
Data Controllers and Data Protection Officers
We VIAJES ALAMEDA, S.A. trading as “Shuttle Direct” (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Shuttle Direct” in this policy) refers to VIAJES ALAMEDA, S.A.. the main operating company of all personal information that is collected and used about Shuttle Direct customers and acting as Data Controller for the purposes of the Spanish Data Protection Act.
VIAJES ALAMEDA is registered in Spain with company registration number A03078318 and registered offices at Viajes Alameda, s.a., vía Emilio Ortuño 15, 03501 Benidorm, Spain.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to oversee compliance with this policy. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority. The Spanish Data Protection Office is the lead data protection supervisory authority for Shuttle Direct as a Spanish Data Controller.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact our DPO by post at Shuttle Direct Data Protection Officer, via Emilio Ortuño 15, 03501 Benidorm, Spain, or via email to dposhuttledirect.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it